1. Preheat oven to 325F
2. Allow puff pastry to soften at room temperature. When able to handle without breaking, cut into a round about 1/2 inch larger than the pan you will be using.
3. Peel, core and cut apples of your choice into 1/2-inch slices. Toss lightly in a few teaspoons of lemon juice and a sprinkle of nutmeg, ginger, or other Bhakti inspired spices.
4. Warm enough Cocomel Sauce to cover the bottom of your tarte tatin pan. Alternately, you can add the warmed sauce to a 9-inch cake pan. Spread to cover.
5.Add apples to the prepared pan, either arranging in a round or simply pouring in!
6. Top with pre-trimmed puff pastry, tucking excess down to cover apples and form a lip so that Cocomel sauce won’t escape when the pasty is turned.
7. Bake for 55 minutes or until the puff pastry has risen and has a golden coloring. Under baking will result in the pastry deflating.
* Allow the tarte to cool and turn the pastry onto a platter. Cut and serve with Bhakti Chai Chip Ice Cream for rave reviews!