Bhakti Chai Gingerbread Donuts
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup Bhakti Chai concentrate (unsweetened)*
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (or any milk)
- 1/4 cup 2% plain Greek yogurt
- 3 TBSP Blackstrap molasses
- 1 TSBP sugar
- 1-1/2 cup FlapJacked Buttermilk Protein Pancake Mix
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- colored decorating sugar or sprinkles (optional)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 TBSP softened cream cheese
- 2 TBSP Bhakti Chai concentrate (unsweetened)
Pre-heat oven to 350˚. Combine wet ingredients egg, chai concentrate, almond milk and yogurt) into a large bowl and whisk until blended. Add in sugar and molasses and stir. Add pancake mix, baking powder and ginger and mix well until there are no more clumps. Let batter sit for 3 minutes to thicken. Use a spoon to dollop batter into a liberally greased doughnut pan (nonstick spray works fine). Batter should fill doughnut pan to the center (but not cover it).
Bake for about minutes, or until doughnuts are cooked through. While doughnuts are cooking, prepare the glaze. Use a hand mixer or blender to blend the three ingredients until you have a smooth, thick liquid. When doughnuts are done baking, allow to cool for a few minutes and drizzle glaze over top. If desired, sprinkle sugar over to of glaze. ENJOY!
Serving Size: 1 doughnut (without glaze)
Serving Size: 1 doughnut (with glaze)
Delicious donuts made with Bhakti Chai concentrate and FlapJacked Pancake mix!