Bhakti Chai Stir-Fy
- 2 cup Bhakti Chai, semi-sweet
- 1 and 1/4 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon Sriracha
- 1/2 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- Half an onion chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper chopped
- 2 handfuls of snap peas
- 3 carrots grated
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 package medium firm tofu (14 oz.)
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 package of glass noodles or rice
- Remove tofu from the package and place it between a few folded paper towels for about 10 minutes, refreshing halfway through. This will absorb excess moisture. Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Slowly slice tofu block in half with a knife lengthwise, remove the top and place it next to the bottom slice.
- Slice tofu into even cubes.
- Place tofu cubes on a large baking sheet and place in oven for 30 minutes. Flip them halfway through to make sure all edges turn golden brown.
- Prepare your noodles or rice as directed.
- Whisk together sauce ingredients in a bowl until well combined and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet on medium-high heat with coconut oil for a few minutes.
- When skillet is hot, add onions, peppers, peas, carrots and ginger. Saute for 30 seconds.
- Add sauce, stir together for 30 seconds.
- Add tofu and cashews. Reduce to a simmer and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Serve over glass noodles or rice.
Courtesy of Tara of The Food Pervert