Bhakti Spiced Fruit Pork Chops
4 pork chops
1 cup raisins
1 cup dried figs, chopped
1 cup pistachios, shelled
2 tablespoons honey
2.5 cups Bhakti concentrate
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a small saucepan, stir 1 cup Bhakti concentrate and honey together under medium heat. Let that start to caramelize.
- Once the mixture is beginning to thicken just a bit, add your dried fruit.
- When the mixture has thickened, add the pistachios. Mix well, remove from heat.
- Marinate pork chops in 1.5 cups of Bhakti Concentrate for at least 4-6 hours (or overnight).
- Season pork chops with salt, cinnamon and garlic powder on both sides of the chops.
- Add a bit of fat (bacon, coconut oil, olive oil) to a large skill over medium-high heat. Cook pork chops (time will range depending on thickness) on both side for about 4-5 minutes per side.
- Top cooked pork chops with chai fruit compote. It should still be warm.
Recipe inspired by Juli Bauer, check out her awesome Recipe Blog here: PaleOMG