Bhakti Chai Muffins (from GF Jules)
- 1/4 cup granulated cane sugar or unrefined coconut palm sugar
- 4 Tbs. butter or non-dairy alternative
- 2 eggs or substitute
- 3Tbs. agave nectar or 4 Tbs. honey
- 1/2 cup “natural” applesauce (e.g. no sugar added), pumpkin butter, apple butter OR mashed banana (approx. 1 overripe banana)
- 1 cup gfJules™ All Purpose Gluten Free Flour
- 1/2 cup almond meal or buckwheat flour or gfJules™ All Purpose Gluten Free Flour
- 2 Tbs. flaxseed meal (or gfJules™ All Purpose Gluten Free Flour)
- 2 Tbs. mesquite flour, cabernet flour or unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 cup gfJules™ Certified Gluten-Free Oats or millet flour OR 1/4 cup whole millet
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 cup Bhakti® Holiday Spiced Chai Nog
- 1/2 cup raisins or diced apples (optional)
- Coat 15 muffin tins or 24 mini muffin tins with cooking oil or line with muffin papers. Preheat oven to 325 F Convection or 350 F static.
- Whip sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add eggs and stir. Mix in agave nectar and applesauce until combined. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet mix while slowly pouring in the chai tea. Mix until smooth.
- Fill the muffin tins 2/3 full and bake until they are light brown: approximately 11-12 minutes for mini muffins or 20-25 minutes for regular muffins.
- Yield: Approximately 12-15 muffins or 24 mini-muffins.
This recipe was created by Gluten Free Jules – you can check out more of her recipes here: https://gfjules.com/