Equal parts lentils and quinoa (meaning starting with 1cup of uncooked of each) with a large portion of veggies & greens
2 cups Bhakti Chai concentrate
1 cup lentils
1 cup quinoa or rice
Handful of vegetables to roast such as squash
Handful of cilantro
Ghee (clarified butter) or coconut oil, to taste or as neede
2 tablespoons fennel seeds
1. Rinse and soak lentils for a minimum of 4-6 hours which will aid in digestion and allow them to cook faster.
2. Preheat oven to 400F. Peel & chop squash into small pieces. Toss in butter or coconut oil with a pinch of salt. Roast for ~45 minutes or until done
3. Rinse the soaked lentils and discard water. Bring to a simmer and then slow cook at a ratio of 1 part lentils to 4 parts liquid (2 cups water & 2 cups of Bhakti Chai)
4. Rinse quinoa or rice and cook according to the liquid instructions and replace half of the liquid with Bhakti. Bring to a simmer and cover & reduce the heat to low untill liquid is almost completely absorbed. Then stir, cover and remove from heat to sit for 15 minutes
5. Rinse and chop greens.. Lightly saute greens
6. Slowly butter/coconut oil with fennel seeds until they start to pop up from the pan
7. Combine lentils, quinoa, roasted squash, & greens – all mixed together or in separate layers – top with chopped cilantro and fennel seed butter/oil
Recipe courtesy of The Yogini Chef.