This bread pudding with a hint of pumpkin and chai will make your day!
*Original recipe by La Casa de Sweets
1. Pre-heat your oven to 325 degrees.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and transfer the cubed bread pieces to the lined baking sheet.
3. Bake at 325 degrees for 20 minutes, using a spatula to turn the cubes after 10 minutes.
4. While the bread cubes are toasting, prepare the pumpkin custard.
5. In a large bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, milk, eggs, 1/2 cup of brown sugar, maple syrup, vanilla extract and Bhakti Chai until combined.
6. Once the cubes are toasted, remove from the oven and place in a greased 9×13 baking dish.
7. Pour the pumpkin custard over the bread cubes, and toss with a large spoon to make sure all the bread cubes are covered.
8. Top with the chopped pecans and remaining 1 cup of brown sugar.
9. Bake the bread pudding at 325 degrees for 50-60 minutes, or until the bread pudding is completely set. Let cool slightly before enjoying!