Bhakti's take on fried rice...Brown rice, chai spice and veggies!
For the fried rice...
For the Sauce...
- 1 cup brown rice (or 2½ to 3 cups leftover cooked rice)
- 1 ½ cups Bhakti Chai Semi-Sweet Ready-to-Drink Iced Chai
- ¼ small onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 scallions, chopped and divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 eggs, lightly scrambled (still raw)
- ½ cup green beans
- 1 ½ tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 2 ½ tablespoons soy sauce
- ¾ teaspoon sesame oil
- Rinse rice a few times in cold water.
- Bring rice and Bhakti Chai to a boil in a medium saucepan, and then reduce to a simmer. Season with salt.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes until quinoa is fluffy and cooked through. Remove from heat and let set for five minutes or so. Fluff with a fork.
- Cool and store in the fridge, preferably overnight.
- Mix teriyaki, soy sauce, and sesame oil in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat ½ tablespoon olive oil in a large sauté pan over a high heat. Add onion and carrot, cook about two minutes. Add 2 scallions, garlic and green beans to the pan. Cook another two minutes. Add in the rest of the olive oil and the quinoa. Stir-fry about two minutes. Add sauce and stir-fry until incorporated, about two minutes. Make a well in the center of the quinoa pour eggs in, scramble. Add remaining scallion and serve.