Thanks to our friends at Longmont Dairy for getting inspired by our brew when they started baking for Fall! This delicious bread is a great treat with a spicy twist!
- ¾ cup Bhakti Chai Concentrate
- 2 cups flour
- 1 ½ cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 cup sunflower oil
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. In a large bowl, mix flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
2. In a separate bowl, mix together pumpkin puree, sunflower oil and Bhakti Chai.
3. Combine with dry mixture and divide evenly into two 8×4 inch loaf pans.
4. Bake in oven for one hour, checking center of loaves with skewer or bread knife to ensure no mixture sticks.
5. Set loaf pans on wire rack to cool before serving. Slice and serve warm with butter.