No better combination than ginger & chai! Enjoy these Gingerbread bars any time of the day with a hot cup of chai.
- 2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Allspice
- 3 T Bhakti Chai Concentrate
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 cup Butter, Softened
- 1 cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cups Turbinado (raw sugar or white sugar can be substituted)
- 2 whole Large Eggs
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1. Preheat oven 350F. Spray a baking pan.
In a bowl, put flour, all the spices, and baking soda.
3. Mix together.
In your mixer, beat the butter with the sugars until soft. One at a time, add the eggs. Beat until they are combined. Mix in the vanilla and Bhakti Chai with the mixer on low, add the flour mixture. Blend until the flour is blended in.
4. Scoop the batter into the pan. Spread it around evenly over the bottom of the pan. With a greased spatula (sprayed with a bit of cooking spray, because the batter is pretty sticky!), smooth out the batter.
5. Sprinkle the top with white sugar (totally optional). It doesn’t look like a lot of batter, but it works.
6. Bake for about 25 minutes. When you poke it with a toothpick, it should come out clean with a few moist crumbs. Cool completely before cutting.