These perfectly spicy, moist scones are a great way to start your morning. With a sweet glaze to make it feel like a dessert, you wont be able to pass these up! *Adapted from our fan Kara Lydon’s blog Peace, Love and Food.
For the scones..
Makes 8 scones.
- 1/4c Bhakti Chai Original Concentrate
- 1 1/2c whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 large egg
- 3/4c Plain 2% Greek Yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon, for dusting
- 1 tbsp raw turbinado sugar, for dusting
For the glaze...
- 1c confectioners sugar
- 1 tbsp 2% milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a food processor (or with a fork), add flour, baking powder, salt, and butter, and pulse/mix to combine (pieces of butter should be no larger than pea-size). Transfer to large bowl.
3. In a medium bowl, combine Bhakti Chai Original Concentrate, egg and vanilla. Mix together. Fold in yogurt and be careful not to over mix. Add wet mixture to the dry and stir to combine.
4. Turn dough onto floured surface and pat into a 1-in thick circle. Cut into 8 wedges. In a small bowl, combine cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle lightly over scones. Bake scones for 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool on wire rack.
5. While scones are cooling, whisk together milk, confectioners sugar and vanilla to make glaze. Drizzle over cooled scones.