Chai Spiced Coffee Cake Recipe (Vegan)
1 cup of plant protein pancake mix by Birchbenders
1 cup of oat flour
2 tbsp coconut sugar, or any granulated sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup plant-based milk
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup oat flour
1/4 cup of coconut sugar
1 1/2 tsp chai spice
Pinch of salt
1/4 cup melted vegan butter (we use Miyoko's Creamery)
1/4 cup of powdered sugar
1 tsp plant-based milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9 X 5 bread pan with parchment paper and set it aside
- In a large sized bowl, whisk together the pancake mix, oat flour, coconut sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add plant-based milk, applesauce and vanilla extract into the bowl along with the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Set it aside while you make your crumble.
- To make crumble, add ingredients into a small bowl. Using fingers or a fork, "mush" the ingredients together until it forms a crumbly mixture.
- Assemble the coffee cake by pouring half the batter into your prepared bread pan, sprinkling half the crumble mixture over the batter in the bread pan before covering it with the rest of the reserved batter and topping the remaining crumble.
- Bake your coffee cake for about 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted and comes out clean.
- Drizzle glaze and enjoy!