* WINNER or our 2012 Bhakti Chai Recipe Contest* We give major props to Bhakti Fan Whitney Page for coming up with such a delicious concoction with our spicy concentrate!
For the Dough...
For the Glaze...
1. Preheat Oven to 375 F
2. Mix dry ingredients together in medium bowl: Flour, baking powder, salt.
3. Juice limes and place minced Kaffir and zest into juice and let sit while you do the next steps.
4. In a large bowl, beat together sugar and softened butter (not melted) until creamy. Beat in coconut cream and cream cheese until creamy and smooth. Next, add eggs one at a time and beat until each one is just incorporated (about 10 seconds each). Add the ricotta cheese, coconut and lime juice mixture (described in the last step). Finally, mix in flour slowly using a wooden spoon if needed.
5. Drop dough by 2 tablespoons full onto parchment paper. Bake for 15 minutes (until edges start to brown), rotating the tray halfway through if you do not have a convection oven.
6. For the glaze, mix all ingredients until combined. Add extra powder sugar if needed. Glaze should be slightly thicker than a whole milk consistency.
7. Let the cookies cool on parchment paper for 10 minutes. Spoon glaze over each cookie. Let glaze set for an additional 10 minutes and place a second layer over the cookie. Place in oven at 375 F for 1 minute and let glaze harden and get shiny, this will insure an even glaze and nice consistency. Let cool for at least 30 minutes before placing into a container.