Spiced Chai & Pear Quick Bread
Another amazing recipe courtesy of Lauren Martin! This quick bread is perfect for breakfast on Christmas morning (or any morning!). The spicy ginger flavors from the Bhakti Chai concentrate blend perfectly with the bits of sweet pear. Try it toasted and slathered with butter. Delish!
- 2 pears
- 1/2 TBSP + 2 TBSP butter, divided
- 1/4 cup + 1/2 cup Bhakti Chai concentrate (divided)
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose baking mix
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1. Chop both pears into small pieces.
2. Place in a sauce pan, along with 1/2 TBSP butter and 1/4 cup chai concentrate and cook over medium heat.
3. Stir often and keep cooking until pears are soft and liquid has caramelized.
4. Remove from heat and set aside.
5. Pre-heat oven to 350˚. In a large bowl, combine remaining butter, Greek yogurt, eggs and coconut sugar.
6. Add in baking mix, baking powder and baking soda.
7. Add in remaining chai concentrate and blend with a wooden spoon.
8. Stir in chopped walnuts and blend until all ingredients are well incorporated.
9. Pour batter into a well-greased loaf pan and bake for 42-45 minutes (or until completely baked through).
10. Remove from oven and let cool at least ten minutes before serving.