Vegan Pumpkin Chai Cheesecake
For the Cheesecake...
- 4 oz chai tea concentrated, unsweetened (Bhakti Unsweetened Chai)*
- 2 oz dairy free milk, unsweetened
- 3 TBSP chia powder** (Navitas Organics)
- 2 1/2 c raw cashew, soaked 4 hours or overnight
- 1 c canned pumpkin, not pumpkin pie filling
- 1/3 c coconut palm sugar
- 1/4 c pure maple syrup, can sub honey for non vegan
- 2 TBSP coconut oil, melted
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 TBSP lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
For the Snickerdoodle Cookie Crust...
- 6 oz soft snickerdoodle cookies (Enjoy Life Snickerdoodles gluten free)
- 2 TBSP coconut oil, melted melted
- 2 TBSP coconut palm sugar
- 2 TBSP cinnamon coconut palm sugar mixture
- 1/2 c maple syrup, bee free honey, or spiced honey for non vegan(local Bare Honey, Spiced Honey)
Start by soaking the cashews 4 hours, or overnight in filtered water.
Preheat oven to 350F.
In a food processor pulse cookies to a crumble. Pulse in coconut palm sugar and then add coconut oil and process until mixture comes together.
Press crust mixture firmly into the bottom of a 9" spring form pan in an even layer, lined with parchment paper if desired.
Bake crust for 8-9 minutes until golden brown.
While the crust is cooling mix chai tea concentrate and milk, combine 3oz of the mixture with the ground chia. Stir and you will have a thick gel mixture. Set aside as this will be the last thing you add to your cheesecake.
Rinse and drain cashews. Add remaining chia mixture, cashews, pumpkin, coconut sugar, maple syrup/honey, coconut oil, vanilla, cinnamon, pinch of salt, and lemon juice to Vitamix or food processor and process until smooth stopping to scrap sides as needed. Once smooth add in chia gel mixture and blend until incorporated.
Pour cheesecake mixture on top of the crust and bake at 350F for 45 minutes until edges are browned and feels set.
Let cheesecake cool for an hour before moving to the refrigerator to chill completely.
When ready to serve sprinkle with optional cinnamon coconut palm mixture, slice, and serve with a drizzle of spiced honey.