This recipe comes from Dana Villiers of Whole Foods in Boulder! She loves spiced nuts and made them with Bhakti Chai instead of honey or maple. They were a huge hit! Go nuts!
- 2 Cups Unroasted (raw) Nuts
- 1 Cup HOT Bhakti Chai
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 tsp. Dried Ginger
- 1 tsp. Ground Cardamom
- 1 1/2 tsp. Salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Soak nuts in hot Bhakti Chai for 1 hour.
3. Mix the brown sugar, spices and salt together.
4. Strain the uts to there’s not an excess of Bhakti (save the leftover, reheat and enjoy with your favorite milk or dairy!)
5. Mix the nuts with the sugar/spice mixture.
6. Spray/coat a sil pad or parchment paper with the oil of your choice and bake the coated nuts for 10-15 minutes. **Keep an eye on them so the sugar mixture doesn’t burn!**
7. Let cool before removing from the paper. Enjoy!